The Kool Kristi Manga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ep. 0 Dana's take on the dialogue so far

Go down

Ep. 0 Dana's take on the dialogue so far Empty Ep. 0 Dana's take on the dialogue so far

Post  DanaSong Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Page 1: [With branches of from trees, sakura falling. Midway through page, slowly the petals change into chemistry bubbles]
“Did you ever hear of Atlantic North High?”
“ It’s a science magnet school up north.”
“Yes, that’s where Mother and Papa work”
“They have the greatest minds working out the strangest mysteries of science–but the Science Olympiad team there is where it’s at.”

Page 2: Panel 1[borders are faded, fuzzy. Memory borders. Two silhouettes of a man and a woman over a picnic blanket on the ground]
“Yumi, sit by Mother.”
“Yes Papa.”
“Yumi, what do you want to be when you grow up?”
“A scientist, like Papa and Mother!”
*laughter from parents*
“Well then, we’ll need to work hard to get you into Atlantic North High. They have the greatest Science Olympiad team there. Promise me you’ll try hard?”
“A Sa-rang Ki-pun* Promise?” (Sa-rang Ki-pun promise means, in Korean, Love-Happy promise. Sounds cooler in Korean though).
“A Sa-rang Ki-pun Promise.”

Page 3: [Back to present]. Scene with Yumi in lab at home; messy with some house-hold items used as science equipment substitutes.

Hello, my name is Shinkai Yumi. I’m conveniently orphaned*

*define trope term in side bar, by Dana(?) in a sidebar, just to be snarky

I suppose it’s kind of sad. I don’t get weepy over that stuff though, since I’m the strong, happy, impossibly optimistic type
[image of her comically weepy in a corner, sad]
But it does have a few conveniences.
[panels, with short titles, of dangerous science experiments (not for children sign), jungle safaris, random clichéd scenic day trip in all manga arcs, etc. or whatever]

[Next panel: Yumi stares at photo of her parents. Two lab mice in a cage are next to the photo, but panel focuses on photo.]

“Mother, Papa, I’ll make you two proud!”

[reader thinks she’s talking to photo, in the clichéd shojo way. Of course, only later readers realize she is talking to the mice.]

Page 4:
Today is my first day at the prestigious Atlantic North High, but I stayed up all night on my latest breakthrough.
“Wait, that’s it! That’s it! Oh my gosh, I finally got it…!”
[BOOM]

Page 5:
[Pan camera to school]
[Background talking:
[“hey, move out of the way, freshman!”
“How’s it going, Kanae?”
“What’s your first class?”]
[Background: guy dumping freshman in trashcan, heavily implied to be Felix]

[Pan to Yumi in shabby clothes, in hat and failing to hide lab accident. Only one without uniform. Yumi is looking up at the looming school. ANHS looks like a fancy factory public school mix, very science-ish. Think of an idealist Troy High School meets Caltech.]

DanaSong

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum